Total Pageviews

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bugaboo Birthday Party - Funny Birthday Project

This my final card for the week long Bugaboo Birthday Party!  I've had quite a hectic week, so I can tell you it was quite a challenge for me making all 7 cards, considering I'm the type of crafter that usually spend a ridiculous amount of time on each card! But I did manage to fill up my stack of birthday cards which was partly the reason why I wanted to participate.
For this card I had decided I wanted to use the star patterned paper, so I chose colors for my image based on this paper's color scheme. I had planned another layout, but found the red panel with stitching in my stash and decided to add a DP with lots of words. I mounted my image and star onto foam for dimension and used the sentiment that came with this Stella image found here. I added glossy accent to Stella's glasses and used 6 red pearls from my stash.

This card is for these challenges:
1) Catch The Bug - Funny Birthday Project
2) Crafter's Cafe - #47 Funny or Whimsical
3) Fab 'n' Funky - #200 Words
4) Paper Shelter Challenge - #144 Digi image + sentiment
5) Make it Monday - Anything Goes

25 comments:

Peanut said...

I have to say, I agree with Stella. This sketch is perfect... a better background you cannot find for a star like Stella! 7 cards? Sounds like you could do with a drink too! Have a relaxing weekend, Pia.
xxx Asha - Sunny Summer Crafts

Desire Fourie said...

Lol, just love this quirky image and the star in the background.
Wishing you a wonderful and relaxed weekend.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Minckler said...

Stella is my idol...you've done a wonderful job with her! Love your card and congrats on meeting the goal of all that card making :)

Mervi said...

Oh my really gorgeous card, happy weekend;-))m

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fab image and design.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is fantastic Pia. I adore your layout, that star is super. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Jacquel said...

LOL! I like her beliefs!!!! This is a great card Pia! Love the papers you used & how you colored your image...very nice! Congrats on getting all the cards done this week...it's been wonderful seeing what you make everyday!!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Oh my gosh Pia what a hilarious card! I love your big star and the star pattern on the paper. I know what you mean - I had to stay up late a few nights to get my cards done :o) and make each challenge. I have loved every one of your great cards. Good luck to you! Hugs D

Sue said...

Fabulous card Pia, I love the fun image. Great choice of papers and brilliant layout too.
Sue xx

Chrissy said...

Hee..hee...she is fabulous Pia and love the sentiments and the papers..brilliant card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Patricia St Martin said...

Pia, I do have to say WOW!!! WOW!!!! I'm loving these colors you are using on these cards, they look fantastic and these Bugaboo images are so funny and love these sentiments. They all are outstanding, girlfriend great job!!!
Hugs, Pat

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I like the different layers that build up this great card. X

chrissy xx said...

FABulous Fun card...LOving your design and GOrgeous colours Pia. Well done for partying all week!!
Chrissyxx

alex said...

Fab fun card, thank you for joining us at Crafters Cafe
Alex x

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card Pia, I love your fun image and sentiment - brilliant design.
Pauline
x

scrappymo! said...

The star paper cut into the star was a brilliant idea! Love your Stella lady...she is so funny!

Trust me to take a week off commenting to do house projects...that Bugaboo Stamps birthday week sounds like fun. Great way to build up your birthday card stash. Off to catch up on your other posts.

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

I often believe that too , straight after a G&T, love your fun fab card. janex

sandie said...

Hehe!! I have this stamp and must print it off, it is such fun and you have combined it with some great papers. Congrats on doing the 7 cards....now it is time for a Martini!!

Adventures of a Crafty Traveller said...

Hi there, thanks for sharing your delightfully funny card with us at Make it Monday! Gave me a giggle.

Rachael :-)

Lena said...

This card is sooo cool!
How awesome designs!
Like big star in the background ..
Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
Good Luck!

Hug Lena

Shelby said...

I think bathing in alcohol is a brilliant idea! Love your card.

Shelby

having a {me} day said...

I love this! Your colouring of the image to match the paper is fab, but I also love the star behind it. keeleyxx

Merkkari said...

Your card is just perfect. I love that star behind the image. It looks so good! Thank you for joining in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week! Hugs, Merkkari

Lau W said...

LOL ! Vey funny !!!!!
xxx

Deepti Stephens said...

Haha.. So bright and cheerful.. :)